Well, here we are, one week further into my latest portrait commission as promised…. And voila, a beautiful smile for my girl!
I’m skirting around the issue here, trying to avoid the main deal in the middle of the picture. I add more to clothes, more context (and a pretty plant in the corner), avoiding the…
hands! But I have now managed to get that front hand in. I start sketching my man’s hand… but it is too much for me in one session.
I am very happy with the way this portrait has turned out. It’s a brilliant feeling to overcome challenges you have set yourself. So, I think you should set yourself some drawing challenges today – or go back and try my workshops that I bet you have written off as too hard or too much trouble. 😉
Or, if you like, set a challenge for me! (Nothing involving extreme heights or jumping out of planes please)
Thank you to Chocolate Spice Photography for use of the beautiful reference photo.
- “The Happy Couple” Portrait Commission – Work In Progress
- Portrait Artists Know How to Party!
- Child Portrait Painting: “Ruby” or “Why can’t I beat my record number of Likes??”
- Child Portrait Painting: “Tea Party” or “The Bossy Artwork”
- Portrait Painting: “The Path to Enlightenment” or “The Penny Drops”